This report provides useful insight into IT contracts, principally in respect of business-to-business transactions. It provides advice and guidance in explaining and understanding the structure and content of different kinds of IT contracts, for reviewing, negotiating and drafting purposes. This report takes into consideration the various legal and commercial entities in order to successfully manage risk, avoid costly mistakes and reflect the details of the transaction. Legal explanations are provided from a commercial perspective.
• IT contracts to their commercial context
• The legal environment affecting IT contracts and jurisdiction for international contracts
• Objectives of contracts, and their use in risk management and investment
• Licensing of application software
• Contracts for software development and for website development
• Services agreements, for maintenance and support, contracting and outsourcing
• Regulation and requirements of e-contracts and websites
• Confidentiality and security in IT contracts
Rachel BurnettRachel Burnett runs her own IT legal services firm, which specialises in all IT-related agreements: IT services, products and systems, data and information provision, e-commerce, copyright licensing and assignment. Before her legal career, Rachel was an IT professional in system development and project management. Rachel is an associate lecturer and regional manager with the Open University, and is an experienced presenter both in the UK and abroad, delivering courses which focus on the practical application in business law, intellectual property and information technology.
|Download (PDF)||ISBN-10: 1854187082
ISBN-13: 978 185418708 6
+ VAT @ 20.00%
|Add to basket|